Monday, August 9, 2010

Thing 18: Online Productivity Tools

Google Docs: I've used this a LOT in my Master's degree.  I have use this more as a document hosting tool for my portfolio as opposed to a collaborative tool.  A lot of my peers have stated that they've enjoyed using it for collaboration.  I have found with Google Docs that oftentimes the formatting of documents ends up changing.  Saving things as a pdf helped, but then you can't collaborate.  It definitely has its pluses and minuses!

Open Office: This was a life-saver when I bought my new computer! I couldn't afford to buy Microsoft Office but was in the middle of my degree and had to write a bunch of papers! I was able to use several of the tools.  It was a little hard to get used to at first, but it was really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment